"After my accident Emerald Bay Towing was called to help me. My driver, Chris, was very understanding about the stress I was under. He helped me get my insurance company to pay the correct amount. Thank you"
- Chelsea Z.
"Ken is the best! Our car wouldn't start and it wasn't the battery. Ken saved the day and got us back on the road. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable."
- LM Z.
"My two kids had to be towed from Tahoe to the Bay Area yesterday. Thanks to Emerald Bay Towing and their driver Larry it was a smooth and safe trip home."
- Manchester Z.
Emerald Bay Towing has open to the public a monthly auction of lien sale vehicles, generally the last Tuesday of every month.
2013 Auction Dates
Please do not contact office staff to see if you were the highest bidder or what the bid was on a particular vehicle as they will not be able to answer these questions. Only the highest bidder for each vehicle will be notified.
How It Works
- Only during the above dates and times will the public be able to access vehicles for inspection.
- Check in at office first and you will be given a bid sheet and allowed access to auction vehicles.
- If a vehicle has keys and does run you will be allowed to start the motors however you will not be able to drive them. To check out keys you will need to leave a photo I.D. with office staff and your I.D. will be returned once keys have been returned.
- If you are interested in placing a bid or a bid on multiple vehicles, you will fill out the bid sheet that was handed to you when you check in at office.
- Vehicles on the Bid Sheet that are labeled as Junk may only be bid on by a Licensed Automobile Dismantler (Salvage Yard). This is due to type of paperwork that has been processed through the DMV.
- Once you have completed your Bid Sheet, take it back into the office and put it in a sealed envelope. Then hand this sealed envelope to the office staff.
- Acceptance of sealed bids will be cut off at 4:00pm.
- The office staff will open the sealed bids the following morning to determine the highest bidder for each vehicle in the auction.
- The highest bidder for each vehicle will then be contacted by phone.
- If you are the highest bidder of a vehicle office staff will contact you by phone. They will ask you for some information so the DMV paperwork can be completed with your information.
- Office staff will let you know on the phone when the paperwork will be completed for you to come back into office and and sign. (Generally 2 to 3 business days).
- When you come back into the office to complete paperwork you will need to bring legal picture I.D. (Valid U.S. drivers license or passport). You will be required to pay for the vehicle at this time. Nevada Sales Tax and DMV Title Fee's will also be collected at this time. Payment must be made by Cash or Credit Card and No Personal Checks will be accepted. You will be allowed 5 days (from the time you are advised paperwork will be completed) to come in, complete paperwork, pay for and remove your vehicle from Valley Towing or the vehicle will go to the next highest bidder.
- Registration of Vehicle: Office staff will give you DMV Form RD-201 (Lien Sale Registration Certification). You will then walk this form along with proof of insurance to your local Nevada DMV office and registration will be issued. Please be aware you will also have registration fee's to pay at DMV. Please note Nevada Law requires that all vehicles have current insurance, temporary moving permit or valid registration to be driven (There is no grace period).
- Title of Vehicle: The Lien Sale Packet will be mailed to the Nevada DMV by our office staff. DMV personnel will then process the Lien Sale Packet and mail you a perfected title. As for how long this will take is entirely in the hands of DMV and we are unable to estimate.
- All Lien Sale Transactions are final and there are no warranties on any vehicle.